This month went by in a breeze. I went on a vacation to Bangalore for 10 days this month and honestly had the time of my life. I wish there was a way to make my entire life as happy as I was on my vacation. It felt surreal really! I ate without any guilt, didn’t workout or meditate for most part of this trip, yet was super happy throughout. So my progress this month has been abysmal. I’m planning to make up for it in April. It’s also my birthday month. Though I have 0 excitement for my birthday, I plan to be as productive as I can this month. The motto for this month is “Small progress is still progress“. I will be consistently working on improving myself each and every day this month. One month makes a hell lot of difference. I realized that during my “Fitness Queen” practice session. Also, I am planning to blog everyday this month. I really can’t think of any other way to make this month special.
- Meditated for 20/31 days. I was very disciplined right till the day I left for my vacation. I stopped everything for almost 10 days after that. It was difficult to get back on track after coming back from vacation. When I rejoined office I had to start my daily routine again to cope up with office stress.
- Journaled/documented my day for 10/31 days. I’ve been terrible at this. Maybe that’s why I have limited memories of how I spent this month and don’t feel productive at all.
- Practiced gratitude journaling for 10/31 days. As I said, progress has not been up to the mark.
Goals for April:- 20 min meditation everyday (maintain my streak on headspace app), practice journaling and gratitude journaling everyday. (Same as last month)
This section is for a new skill or talent that I’ve acquired in this month, tried a new activity or thing that has pushed me out of my comfort zone.
- I went on a 10 day trip to Bangalore/Mysore. Although this isn’t a new skill or talent, I want to mention it as I came back a rejuvenated and changed person after this trip. My happiness grew multifold on this trip. I have been feeling unmotivated and lethargic ever since. I plan to change that in April.
Goal for April:- Cross 500 followers on my blog before my birthday on 13th April. Run 13 kms on 13th April.
I had packed my running shoes and attire with the intention to run in Bangalore. Though I am disappointed that I couldn’t make it a reality, I did get some workouts done on my trip.
- 4 long runs in this month. Longest distance covered : 10 kms
- HIIT workouts twice a week during the weekdays (ranging from 20 to 30 mins). Managed to complete 3 workouts of 40-50 mins during my trip.
Goal for April:- Lose the vacation weight (3 kgs), skip 800 rounds at a stretch, 10 pushups in proper form
- Zero progress with CFA level 1 curriculum. Took an extended break as my exams have been deferred to July 2021
- Zero online courses completed in March
Goal for April:- Complete first reading of pending 2 subjects of CFA and 2 online courses (at least 1 Korean language course)
- Completed reading 2 books Start with Why by Simon Sinek and The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
- Completed 1 movie The Cat returns (English dubbed)
Goal for April:- Read 4 books, watch 4 movies, 1 K-drama and 1 documentary
April, let’s get it!
Happy birthday in advance. I’m happy for you, and I’m not going put my monthly recap bicoz I skipped the last 15 days of journal, I’m not habituating to it, but I will try, from today only, to complete everything and I’m starting now, 👋👋
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much Shivam. I just went through your February recap and was overwhelmed by the gesture. I’m so glad that my blog has inspired to work on yourself and become a better version of yourself. All the best for your journey. Do well! Also you can post your recap even if you skipped 15 days of journaling. I didn’t have a great month but posted it anyways so that it motivates me to do well next time.
I get motivated by your blog, this April one, I think that’s gonna be enough for the next 15 days and you said, something about writing daily so I think I can do it this month, Iam waiting for your blogs
LikeLiked by 1 person