Yay! I hit the first milestone of my 2020 fitness resolve. On 10th August, I decided to do everything possible to get into the best shape of my life. August has been a month of hits and misses however I’m pretty happy with my overall fitness progress. After having a fairly chilled out first month of the journey, I’ve realized I need to buck up to meet my target in the next 4 months. The goal is completely doable but demands a little extra focus and determination.
Here are my achievements for this month :-
Starting weight (10th August) : 62.9 kgs
Milestone 1 (31st August) : 62.5 kgs (Lost 0.4 kgs)
Was regular on most days with a one rest day in a week. However, the first week that I had to attend office for 2 consecutive days (13th & 14th Aug) and had to travel almost 11 hrs each day, I missed 4 consecutive days of workouts (13th to 16th Aug). I made it up the next week by rope skipping early in the morning on office going days.
Have not been meditating at all for the past 2 weeks. I plan to resume it from tomorrow on wards. I somehow stop meditating once I start feeling better and happier in my life.I am aware of the amazing benefits of meditation in our overall growth and well being and will try my best to make it a daily habit tomorrow on wards.
I’m pretty proud of myself for eating healthy as much as possible. I did indulge in cakes and ice cream once a week but my portion size was limited. I’ve outgrown my sweet tooth and do not enjoy extremely sweet desserts. I also indulged in few cheat foods during the weekend and enjoyed them thoroughly.
Key achievements :
- Longest rope skipping session of 2000 skips on 23rd August
- Attempted a 10 km indoor running session for a virtual marathon event on 30th August. Although I took double the amount of time to complete the distance as the indoor are made me feel more tired and suffocated (1.42.15 hrs), I’m extremely happy to have completed the run.
- Attempted two different 30 min difficult HIIT sessions in the same week.
Goals for Milestone 2 (30th September):-
- Workout 6 days a week
- No refined sugar
- Limit cheat meals (Fried, processed food)
- Rope skip every evening at least 500 times
- Attempt 10 push ups
- Run at least 5 kms every Sunday
- Meditate at least for 5 mins everyday
See you until the next milestone!!