I went through Anusha’s post on her blog for this tag and found her answers super cool and interesting. She very graciously decided to nominate me for this tag and I’m extremely thankful for this sweet gesture. Please do check out her blog, she has put out some pretty amazing stuff out there that’s sure to mesmerize all the readers. (https://blatherskiite.wordpress.com)
This time I won’t be picking out specific nominations, please feel free to nominate yourselves for this tag if you find it worthwhile. 🙂
Rules for Award
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the blogger’s questions
- Nominate other bloggers
Answers for the questions asked by Anusha :-
1. Overall, how are you handling the quarantine?
I’m sure like any other introvert, this quarantine has been more of a blessing than a hindrance to me. I’ve had a hectic routine every since I got out of school and have never spent such a long duration of time at home. Some days I was productive, on other days I just did nothing. My hectic life was on pause this entire time and I’ll most definitely cherish it for years to come.
2. Have you violated any of the restrictions? If yes, what rule(s) did you break?
Violating rules freaks me out! My conscience will kill me if I even think of doing anything out of line, so no.
3. What viral recipes have you tried during the lockdown?
I don’t keep a track of any viral recipes but I did cook a lot during the lockdown. I started with baking, had a lot of failed attempts before I could bake a proper cake for my mother’s birthday. Here’s a picture for you guys. I was very thrilled when it turned out decent enough, my mom loved it!
4. What activities have you missed the most during quarantine?
The only thing I missed was outdoor running.
5. Do you wear a mask when you leave the house?
Yes, most definitely.
6. Are you an essential worker? If yes, what is your job title?
I’m not a frontline worker but I do work for a bank which has been categorized under essential services. I am a business analyst for the treasury function of a private bank.
7. How do you exercise during the lockdown?
I absolutely love working out. Even before the pandemic struck the world, I preferred working out at home and have never set foot in a gym. I follow HIIT workout routines on YouTube.
8. Have you subscribed to any new subscription services since the lockdown started?
Yes! I started meditating regularly during the lockdown to calm my anxious mind. I use a brilliant app called “Headspace“. It has amazing courses on meditation and mindfulness and has been helping me out a lot. I subscribed to their annual pack when I stumbled upon a huge discount on their website.
9. What did/does your daily schedule look like before the pandemic started?
My day used to start at 6 am, workout for 30 mins and get ready for office. I had to board the 7.30 am local train for my office. I used to study for my upcoming CFA Level 1 exams on the train or utilise the time to watch movies/listen to music. Post work I reached home by 7/7.30 pm, freshened up and study again for an hour. I spent time with my mother, talk on the phone with my sister who stays in a different city and sometimes catch up with my close friends. Weekend mornings were reserved for runs and the rest of the day was spent in relaxing or catching up on shows/reading books/meeting up with friends.
10. Do you think that the pandemic is getting better or worse?
I honestly am not following the news related to the pandemic at all. I hope and wish it gets better as soon as possible. Thinking about it makes me very anxious hence I decided to divert my mind from it as much as possible.
Questions for the nominees (Same as the ones I answered)
- Overall, how are you handling the quarantine?
- Have you violated any of the restrictions? If yes, what rule(s) did you break?
- What viral recipes have you tried during the lockdown?
- What activities have you missed the most during quarantine?
- Do you wear a mask when you leave the house?
- Are you an essential worker? If yes, what is your job title?
- How do you exercise during the lockdown?
- Have you subscribed to any new subscription services since the lockdown started?
- What did/does your daily schedule look like before the pandemic started?
- Do you think that the pandemic is getting better or worse?
Thank you so much for reading and for appreciating my work. It means a lot! 🙂