Have you ever created new year resolutions? And then break them miserably within the next one week? Well, I guess everyone’s new year resolutions suffers the same fate! I love planning and organising however, I just can’t seem to stick to my plans for the entire year. Maybe because I go overboard with my resolutions and have unending number of them to strike off.
After much deliberation (read as massive failures), I’ve decided to create monthly goal list at the beginning of each month. This would help me have a better hold over my goals and track their progress.
Here goes my list!!
READING LIST (Books I intend to read this month)
My favourite blogger James Clear has written a brilliant article on how to get more reading done by making a simple change to your reading habit. Just read 20 pages each day, that’s it! 20 pages for the month of July totals upto 620 pages. My reading list below adds upto 829 pages. I’ll have to get an extra 10 more pages done each day in order to clear the list below. Almost all of the books below are half read, I intend to finish them this month so that I can get a good grip on my book reading list for 2017!
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg (229/376 pages)
- Feel the fear and do it anyway by Susan Jeffers (196/251 pages)
- How to be a Bawse by Lilly Singh (58/311 pages)
- What I know for Sure by Oprah Winfrey (Unread – 228 pages)
- What Katy Did by Susan Coolidge (Unread – 168 pages)
Everything written below is commonly accepted health protocols which no one follows. I intend to consciously follow these and engrain them in my brain.
- Drink water every hour (Follow the water alert reminder instead of snoozing it)
- Chew food well before swallowing (Instead of galloping through my food!)
- Indulge in at least 20 mins of any form of exercise each day
I strongly believe in doing something each day to create a better version of oneself than yesterday. Below goals will help me achieve just that!
- Join the 5am club (Okay, this is the most difficult part of my goal list but it’s something I really wish to achieve!)
- Increase my vocabulary (Learn from “Word power made easy by Norman Lewis” each day)
- Learn to read, speak and write Korean
And that’s it! These are not extensive goals and also easily achievable with a little bit of dedication.
Looking forward to an exciting July!!!!!!